DETEC Software GmbH (www.detec.com) is a division of UNICOM® Global, an international software and services organization that delivers business solutions to optimise application and business processes. Expanding at a global level, UNICOM Global has a global client base and an enviable reputation for product, quality and support.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the DETEC Software division in a development role, within R&D, who are responsible for developing the DETEC software, sold on a world-wide basis. Our clients businesses rely on DETEC as a vendor of choice to support their daily business operations. We pride ourselves on developing business solutions that enable companies to optimise their own business processes whilst also reducing costs.
DETEC is now seeking a Product Developer who is both flexible and self-motivated, to help deliver new applications for our enterprise business solutions. This person should have a good understanding of application development and design, and thrive on being a member of a fast moving and respected development team that was built on both success and team spirit.
- Take responsibility for development of specific DETEC products or parts of products.
- Perform research, design, coding and testing in accordance with the Company’s standards.
- Carry out development tasks as described in the software development Project Plans.
- Report progress on development tasks in a timely manner to the Head of Development.
- Be responsive to changes within scheduled work and reactive to high priority situations.
- Develop new products or enhancements to existing products in line with product requirements definitions and to contribute to future development plans.
- Produce project documentation in accordance with the Company’s standards.
- Resolve software defects in DETEC products reported by customers, working in conjunction with representatives from the highly reputable Support Teams.
- Liaise with other departments and across all levels of the Company.
- Review draft product documentation as produced by the Technical Authors and provide feedback where required.
- Assist in producing test plans and resolution of software defects found during testing.
- To stay abreast of advances in technology relating to product development.
- Undertake other technical duties that may from time to time be required.
Competencies and Experience required:
- A sound understanding of application development and design. Full project lifecycle experience would also be an advantage.
- Methodical and proactive approach to work.
- Thorough approach to product software testing.
- Highly self motivated and self learner with aptitude for hard work and flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work alone as well as being a strong team player.
- Ability to work with and understand highly complex computer systems software.
- C++ user interface development experience
- Working knowledge of Windows and either Linux or UNIX development environments
- Experience of modern development methods and practices
- Fluent in both German and English, spoken and written
- Valid Passport Holder
- Computer Science related Degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience of commercial development within a business critical environment
- Knowledge of high-performance, multi-threaded software development
- Python scripting skills
- Java and J2EE development experience
- C/C++ server-side development experience
- Cross-platform user interface development experience with Qt
- Cross-platform application server development e.g. Apache Tomcat
If that sounds like you, and you would like to join a company that recognizes and promotes excellence, please send your CV in English to Michaela Obereigner.